Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Who are you!? What is this?!

Let me start by saying this is not my first experience with blogger.  I've had several before, though I've deactivated most of them.  Why?  I've matured greatly in the last few years and in retrospect my prior work comes across as immature and sloppy.  As an example, I did not use the spellcheck feature, so my writing was riddled with errors that I was too lazy (or actually unaware of) to correct.  For this reason, it seems necessary to create a new site.

I have decided to return to writing online about my wargaming.  I should point out that I am not by any means much of a gamer.  My previous blogs may have misrepresented me, as they imply I game frequently.  That is not the case.  I have a number of figures and most are unpainted, but I do plan on that changing in the near future.  My plan is to post pictures of my miniatures, review the ones I own, post AARs, and ramble on about any and all ideas I have.  I might throw in odds and ends about movies, books, the state of the world, and any other topic that flashes through my mind.

I am currently working at a Scout camp far from my home, and taking my miniatures and paints on a plane and then into the New Mexican heat seems like a poor idea, so I am hundreds of miles from my armies at the moment.  Upon return, however, I plan on finishing up the two armies I have that are near completion.  My hope is that once I have two usable forces, painting additional units will seem a less insurmountable task.  Ideally, my productivity will increase at that point and take on a more regular schedule.

As for who I am, I currently attend college in Virginia.  I'm interested in wargaming, (alternate) history, and politics.  I've picked up the hobby of drawing maps on Microsoft Paint of alternate worlds, and that consumes a fair bit of my time.  I also read a lot (perhaps too much...)  I particularly enjoy technothrillers and classic science fiction, though I read from a wide range of genres on a case by case basis.

I sincerely hope that this blog can be updated regularly and is entertaining to its readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment